Some of the core values of the company are as follows:
- Cultivating an open and transparent culture
- Commitment to performance
- Motivated to learn, change and innovate
- Uncompromising professionalism
- Empowering our people to reach their full potential
- Encouraging and promoting diversity in the way we do business
- Rejecting all forms of discrimination
- Understanding and responding to our clients’ businesses and needs
- Accepting and addressing the need for transformation in SACC
Human Resource Development
SACC’s mission in terms of human resource development (HRD):
The creation of a well-trained and highly skilled employee base in support of a globally competitive chemical industry.
The transformation of service delivery and the building of a business in the chemical industry has to be underpinned by a sound human resources development (HRD) strategy.
SA Calcium Carbide is committed to the effective mobilisation, development and utilisation of human resource capacity.
To create a world class human resource environment that can be achieved through:
- Ensuring the workforce is equipped with the necessary HRD knowledge to make informed decisions
- Promoting a culture of learning and development; and creating a co-operative training environment.
- Individual development in competency levels, to make a contribution to the progress of the business
- Ensure the relation between development and growth needs constitutes a critical area requiring sustained co-operation of stakeholders in planning processes to maximise impact.
- To yield the appropriate human and technological capabilities necessary for human development, equity, and future national economic success
The Company is governed by procedures and policies as promulgated by South African legislation which provides a framework for the smooth operation of the business.
In the fulfilment of our obligations towards HR Management, SACC incorporates the following guidelines: Conditions of Employment; Intellectual property agreement; Disciplinary Code; Code of Conduct; Employment equity; Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE) and more. SACC is built on strong values and sound principles to take the company forward in a very competitive environment.